Monday, December 05, 2005

Congratulations, #10 and #44

Well, basketball season is over now for my boys. This was their first year of playing school ball. We also have a local league that lets children as young as 5 play, and it's unisex, which is great. However, this year, my big boys were able to don the blue and white and play for their own school.

My boys are tall. They are 9 and already up to my shoulder. They wear size 7 shoes -- men's shoes. My family consists of a bunch of tall people, and the men are usually built like linebackers. I'm happy to see that K & B are following my side instead of their sawed-off bio-dad's.

My uncles all began lifting weights at about 14. They are now the kind of men who can wear kilts even in Kentucky without a word said by anyone. I grew up surrounded by big, strapping men. My house was filled with athletic shoes, ankle weights, basketballs, footballs, white socks, and the smell of aftershave and workout sweat. I have missed that so much. Until now. Yet again, my house is filled with these things, except for the weights, which I am sure will follow in about 4 years. Nevertheless, I am so grateful to be surrounded by loving men yet again. I am so happy that my daughter will get to know what it feels like to be lifted up in the air by strong and loving hands.

Congratulations, K & B. You performed well and behaved exceptionally, whether in victory or defeat. Now it's on to local league ball. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home